Edmonton Exchanger Group of Companies provides a wide range of products and services for the oil and gas, petrochemical and power generation industries. We specialize in the fabrication of pressure vessel components, heat exchangers, custom steel products and pipe spools. In addition, we provide shutdown and full-scale maintenance services for refineries and petrochemical plants.
We are searching for an IT Manager to who will report directly to the President and be responsible for coordinating, planning and leading computer-related activities. This also includes managing telecommunication systems and other electronic support systems related to company operations. The direct management of a team of IT employees (~5 people). The IT Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a high performance culture, developing and implementing strategic planning for IT resources and leading the IT team towards accomplishing objectives.
The IT Manager’s main responsibility is leading the IT team to providing IT hardware and software solutions and support to the various users in the company. The top priority of the IT department is maintaining the reliable operation of the essential IT infrastructure, software programs and supporting the business operations with IT support.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability
Manage and Lead the IT Team, Manage IT Assets
- Managing IT staff by overseeing, directing, recruiting, and training/coaching
- Monitoring daily performance of IT systems, including computers, programs, and networks
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT and increasing overall efficiency
- Developing data backup systems and disaster recovery contingencies
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Striving to keep IT costs within budget
- Measure performance and reliability of the IT Infrastructure
- Measure productivity and performance of the staff that report to the IT manager
Providing Reporting and Advice to the President and Senior Managers
- Analyzing the IT budget and maintaining cost-effectiveness, reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, report findings. Make recommendations and proposals for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Conducting regular system audits and report findings to senior management
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior management
Leadership Expectations / Competencies
The IT manager is expected to model the following key leadership behaviours:
- Planning and Organizing
- Conflict and Issue Resolution
- Stakeholder Relationship Building
- Continuous Improvement
- Minimum of 7 years of IT industry experience. Ideally in a variety of positions including management positions.
- Well developed leadership abilities. Able to resolve conflicts and lead a team towards a common goal.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
Work Schedule / Health Benefits
- The position is Full Time, Permanent
- Regular work hours are 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM weekdays. Some work in evenings and on weekends may be required.
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid health benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
*No phone calls please*