Edmonton Exchanger is a one-stop manufacturing and maintenance shop that supplies pressure vessel components, field services, machining, heat exchangers, custom fabrication and pipe fabrication.
We are searching for energetic, self-motivated individuals that are looking to start a career as a Welder or Boilermaker as part of the Boilermaker 146 Union. The individual would be orientated in our shop first 3 months where they would work as a “beginner”. If both parties agree to continue, the individual will have the opportunity to pursue an apprenticeship as a Welder or Boilermaker.
Edmonton Exchanger is a family-owned business and we run our company accordingly. We value the people that work for us and have a great work environment. We offer an attractive compensation and benefit package as summarized below:
- Beginner rate – $21.55/hour
- 1st year apprentice rate – $25.50/hour
- 2nd year apprentice rate – $31.87/hour
- 3rd year apprentice rate – $38.25/hour
- Journeyman rate – $42.50/hour
- B Welder rate – $47.07/hour
- $1.75/hour increase on afternoon shift
- $1.50/hour increase on midnight shift and get paid 8 hours for working 7 hours.
- 5% Statutory Holiday pay
- 4% Vacation pay for first year – increases to 6% after one year
- $3.00 Hourly RRSP Contribution after 3 months
- $2.11 Hourly Equivalent of Health/Dental/STD/LTD Benefits Package after 3 months
Individual will report directly to the Shift Foreman.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability
The successful candidate will initially work at our plate cutting stations to learn our processes in a safe and efficient manner. After initial training is completed, employees could move into other areas of work depending on their interests and available opportunities within the company.
The following qualifications are desirable to ensure success in this position:
- Strong focus on safety, integrity and reliability
- Take direction and execute jobs as instructed
- Self motivated
- Working on either swing shift (2 weeks day shift / 2 weeks afternoon shift rotation) or Midnight shift
Please send resume to:
No phone calls please.